cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Copy Table Cell with Symbol

MarkBohannon
7-Bedrock

Copy Table Cell with Symbol

I am working on a program toreplace the drawingformat. As part of this program, I copy data from the old format tables to the new one. I have this working for simple text. However if there is a symbol in the cell, the user is prompted to enter the variable text. I am looking for a method to capture the detailed instructions for the original symbol and apply to the new instance created in the new table. However, I have not found a method to get a handle on the symbol instance(s) in the table cell. Any pointers would be appreciated.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

In Reply to Mark Bohannon:

I am working on a program toreplace the drawingformat. As part of this program, I copy data from the old format tables to the new one. I have this working for simple text. However if there is a symbol in the cell, the user is prompted to enter the variable text. I am looking for a method to capture the detailed instructions for the original symbol and apply to the new instance created in the new table. However, I have not found a method to get a handle on the symbol instance(s) in the table cell. Any pointers would be appreciated.

I know I can query all detail items and cast them to the DetailSymbolInstItem however I do not know how to find ones from table cells andhow toknow which table cell they are associated with.

1. Call DetailItemOwner.ListDetailItems(DetailType.DETAIL_SYM_INSTANCE)
and get all the symbol instances that are present in the drawing.

2. Type cast each DetailItem in the list to DetailSymbolInstItem and
call GetInstructions() to get the DetailSymbolInstInstructions.

How do I know which ones came from tables and where they are?

Thanks,

Mark Bohannon

Top Tags