cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Copy a Drawing in Model Manager

DanAdler
12-Amethyst

Copy a Drawing in Model Manager

I have a 3d model that is stored in Model Manager. The model is associated with a drawing and both have the same Masterdata parent. This part is now going to be manufactured from a new material in addition to the existing material. The part geometry will not change however the drawing tolerances and notes should change for the second material. Is it possible to copy an existing drawing while keeping it linked to the same 3d model?

I have tried using the "copy" command in Model Manager. I copied the drawing from the old masterdata and pasted it into a new masterdata that i created however this command actually just shared the drawing to the new masterdata rather than actually copying the drawing to create a new drawing.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

There is a way to do this. However, it takes several steps.

1. Load the drawing and the model.

2. Save each sheet individually to a local drive.

3. Create a new drawing, but do not associate it to any model.

4. Import 1 sheet at a time from the local drive into the drawing.

5. save the drawing as a new drawing.

Creo Element\Direct Modeling 20.6.0.0.0

Thanks for your response Tom. Is it possible to associate the new drawing to the model?

Turn on your migration tools. (see below)

These are powerful tools that let you detach and re-attach views to models.

copy and paste this into your input line in annotaiton

(docu-enable-migration-tools)

I would recommend adding this to your am_customize file as well.

Creo Element\Direct Modeling 20.6.0.0.0

Actually as long as the model was loaded when I imported the sheet from a local directory it created the 2d->3d associativity on its own. Thanks for your help!

Top Tags