cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Correct procedure for editing udf's?

staitinger
3-Visitor

Correct procedure for editing udf's?

Hello,

I have a udf that I defined as standalone, with reference part included. Normally I update my reference part, modify my udf, add then remove all features (to ensure it updates properly), then store the udf by closing the window. If found that when intending to delete features, they must first be removed from the udf, then deleted in the reference part, then update the udf.

My current issue is simply that after adding an annotation feature to the reference part (name_gp.prt) and then adding it to the udf, upon trying to update the udf again it says "reference part not stored for this group" and it won't let me define/update the udf features anymore.

Some questions I have with udfs in general are

1) Under what coniditions have people found that the "link" to the reference part gets broken and how to work around that.

2) Is there any instructions as to the correct procedure to follow in updating a udf?

3) Are there specific features other than the couple mentioned in the proe help file that don't work well with udfs?

Other info about model, I have all of my parameters and relations defined in the first feature to ensure they transfer over. The note references a couple of the parameters (and works regularly).

I really appreciate any help as I have called our paid ptc help a number of times on udfs and they don't seem to know what they are talking about and don't get back to me after they say they will look into the "intended functionality".

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If anyone wants to know more about UDFs I have answered all the questions I had in my blog https://steventaitinger.wordpress.com/2015/02/03/creo-tip-how-to-make-and-edit-udfs-user-defined-features/

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

If anyone wants to know more about UDFs I have answered all the questions I had in my blog https://steventaitinger.wordpress.com/2015/02/03/creo-tip-how-to-make-and-edit-udfs-user-defined-features/

Top Tags