cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Cosmetic Thread Class Issue - Creo 5.0

MarkE
5-Regular Member

Cosmetic Thread Class Issue - Creo 5.0

We have just upgraded from Creo 4.0 build M030 to Creo 5.0.  Recently, I noticed a change to the cosmetic thread functionality.  Our company's standard notes for metric internal threads include "6" for the class and "H" for the placement.  Normally, we would go to the Properties tab in the cosmetic thread wizard and open the appropriate standard note from a network location.  Then, when showing the note on a drawing, it would look like, for the example of an M5 thread, "M5 x 0.8-6 H"

Now, the class appears to default to "H".  Even if I open a standard note, if I change to one of the other tabs in the cosmetic thread wizard and then change back to the Properties tab, I see the class change from whatever value was entered to "H".  Now the note on our drawing looks like, for example, "M5 x 0.8 -H H".

Has anyone seen this behavior or have any thoughts regarding how to work around this?  Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MarkE
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

Martin,

Thank you, this was very helpful to help me identify the source of the issue.  I was able to modify the ISO.hol file to change the class from "H" to "6".  Then, our internal cosmetic thread notes add the "H" after the class.  Based on the way our company has been using these notes, this approach worked the best for us.  Thanks again.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:MarkE)

Hi,

I tested Creo 5.0.4.0 behaviour and was successful to reproduce the problem.

I realized that ISO cosmetic thread is interconnected with ISO.hol file located in CREO_LOADPOINT\Creo 5.0.4.0\Common Files\text\hole directory. CLASS value is taken from this file and cannot be modified in cosmetic thread feature definition.

Unfortunatelly you cannot put CLASS 6 H into ISO.hol file because Creo "does not like" space character. You can enter CLASS 6_H, for example.

I think the simpliest solution of the problem is modification of note in the drawing, i.e. manual adding 6-

Martin Hanák
MarkE
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

Martin,

Thank you, this was very helpful to help me identify the source of the issue.  I was able to modify the ISO.hol file to change the class from "H" to "6".  Then, our internal cosmetic thread notes add the "H" after the class.  Based on the way our company has been using these notes, this approach worked the best for us.  Thanks again.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:MarkE)

Don't forget to mark Martin's answer as correct ( or your's if that's the case) - for those who may search on this topic.

Top Tags