cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Cosmetic X-hatch in Creo, where did the hatching go?

didriek
6-Contributor

Cosmetic X-hatch in Creo, where did the hatching go?

Cosmetic X-hatch, where is it?

I can sketch a cosmetic, but where is the hatching option, the only reason I would use it...

From wildfire I know the feature, but have they brilliantly removed it...??? Or am I missing something

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
didriek
6-Contributor
(To:didriek)

and found!

Under Engineering you can choose the feature 'cosmetic sketch'

And just before entering the 2D mode, on the sketch setup window, there is a tab 'Properties'...

There you'll see the option: 'add cross hatching'

very well hidden it seems

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
didriek
6-Contributor

and found!

Under Engineering you can choose the feature 'cosmetic sketch'

And just before entering the 2D mode, on the sketch setup window, there is a tab 'Properties'...

There you'll see the option: 'add cross hatching'

very well hidden it seems

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst

Hi,

i lost that too, so thank you for sharing that with us all. In the meantime, i started using the ECAD area, also found under the engineering tab, it appears to do the same thing, plus you have more control over the hatch style.

Regards

John

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

I advise against using cosmetics for anything except threads, unless there's no other way. You can add x-hatching to a datum curve, and the curves are more robust (can reference geometry), and will hide behind other geometry. Cosmetics give problems in those areas. I never use them.

Top Tags