cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cosmetic threads? Hiding threads in hidden line removed view

Highlighted
Topaz II

Cosmetic threads? Hiding threads in hidden line removed view

In the model below, I have the hidden lines turned off yet you can see the threads. Are these cosmetic threads and if so (or not), how do you turn them off off when just printing the model (not a drawing)?

Thanks, Dale

cosmetic_threads.jpg

18 REPLIES 18

Re: Cosmetic threads? Hiding threads in hidden line removed view

In the view display properties there is a setting for hiding quilts, which is what Cosmetic threads are.

This setting is not available in section views - there is a setting when creating the section to hide quilts when the section is made.

Hello Dale,

i would think creating a layer & adding the threads to it would be the best way to manage this. That way you can have them visible on your drawing but turned off in your part. Remember to change your drawing layer status to "ignore display status of model".

John

I am in WF5/Creo if that makes a difference. I do not see a setting for hiding quilts in View tab.

Acutally, I just was to do it temporarily for a quick print of the model for discussion. It confusses some when they don't understand what all the extra lines are.

Just right clicking on the hole feature in the model tree will reveal "hide", the hole remains the cosmetic threads disappears.

Sorry - I thought the question was drawing views, not in the model.

I have gotten in the habit of creating a HIDEME layer. Cosmetic thread is one of the features I put there.

Hello,

you have to set the config option fasthlr to yes in order to hide cosmetic threads.

John,

This works good on a temporary basis, but I just realized that if I need to pick the axis of the hole I have to unhide it even though it still shows in the part.

Thanks, Dale