cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Cosmetic threads

FredrikIversen
1-Newbie

Cosmetic threads

Hello I hope anyone would help me with my problems. If I create a hole with thread in the part and then make a cut (for example 5mm machined surface) on the surface there threads start. In the drawing the line symbolized the threads starts on the top not on the new surface which created by the cut. I knoew the easiest way to do it is to do the cut first, but can I do it in my way (first hole then cut) and still get the thread lines displayed from the new surface?
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Fredrik, Use a surface trim to trim off the extra cosmetic thread. Select the machined surface as the trimming surface and the cosmetic thread as the surface to trim.

Fredrik, Have you created cosmatic threads as seperate feature instead of creating it in hole? If yes then I think you could select cosmatic theards by selecting feature from filter and then trim it from new surface. Sometimes you can not select new surface as trimming surface at that time create a plane passing through the new surface and trim cosmatic. Hope it will help you in fixing your problem. Regards, Vimlesh Patelia, India.
Top Tags