cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Cosmetic tread

ppreś
1-Newbie

Cosmetic tread

Hello,

I wonder how to make cosmetic thread larger that M68 - M100x2 for instance. According to ISO standard M68 is the largest thread thawas defined in Creo Parametric 2.0

Can you give me some guidelines?

Best Regards

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

i have had some problems regarding this specific issue. I think the ISO hole table provided by PTC is much to detailed when is comes to odd diameters and pitch of threads. When trying to find the correct thread i need i have to scroll a lot in the drop down menu. So the solution for me was to make my own hole table, which i call ISO_REGULAR. Here i only show the data of threads i use the most. I just added a M88x2 and M100x2 to test it. They are marked by red below. The hole table file is placed, on my installation, at: .....\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M120\text\hole

hole table.jpg

When using the hole feature i select the hole table name "ISO_REGULAR" and scroll to the right thread type. See below.

hole feature.jpg

Hope the above helps.

Regards

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20

Hello,

i have had some problems regarding this specific issue. I think the ISO hole table provided by PTC is much to detailed when is comes to odd diameters and pitch of threads. When trying to find the correct thread i need i have to scroll a lot in the drop down menu. So the solution for me was to make my own hole table, which i call ISO_REGULAR. Here i only show the data of threads i use the most. I just added a M88x2 and M100x2 to test it. They are marked by red below. The hole table file is placed, on my installation, at: .....\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M120\text\hole

hole table.jpg

When using the hole feature i select the hole table name "ISO_REGULAR" and scroll to the right thread type. See below.

hole feature.jpg

Hope the above helps.

Regards

mbonka
15-Moonstone
(To:jwarncke)

l like your solution Jakob Warncke .

Think it´s correct answer.

How did you opened that file? Which program did you use?

It's just a text file, you can open it with any text editor. Notepad for example.

Notepad and Wordpad... Am I missing something?

Notepad doesn´t work for me.

Use Wordpad and make your window as wide as possible.

If you want to step it up a level, try using Notepad++,  it is a great text editor that I have been using for quite some time.

DITTO HERE ON NOTEPAD ++

It works, thanks!

My mistake, I was thinking of another file. You can use EXCEL and open, use "space" as your delimiter.

Or like Milan, wordpad works, you may have to rotate your paper and turn off word wrap.

Hello,

you can use any text editor, but i prefer to use Notepad++. See link:Notepad++ Home

The "messy" picture you show is actually also the laypout in my file the first time i opened it :-(. So i had to use tabulator to arrange it so it looked nice.

But Notepad++ i prefer also because it remembers all the text files you have had opened, so you dont have to look for them anymore (unless you really edit a lot of text files i guess). See in red below.

NotePad++ Screendump.jpg

Regards

spete
5-Regular Member
(To:jwarncke)

Tabulator?  Where would one find that in Notepad++?

Hello,

Thanks for your help. I have to change file with hole parameters like you.

Best Regards

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:ppreś)

Be sure to back up those files or move them elsewhere and point to them with a configuration option (assuming there is one).

It is too easy to loose customized files on Creo release updates if they are buried in the Creo folder structure.

mbonka
15-Moonstone
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Desired config options:

hole_parameter_file_path

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:mbonka)

That's the one, thanks

does it works in creo 3.0 also..??

Hello,

to my knowledge it also works in Creo 3