cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cosmetic tread

SOLVED

Cosmetic tread

Hello,

I wonder how to make cosmetic thread larger that M68 - M100x2 for instance. According to ISO standard M68 is the largest thread thawas defined in Creo Parametric 2.0

Can you give me some guidelines?

Best Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Cosmetic tread

Hello,

i have had some problems regarding this specific issue. I think the ISO hole table provided by PTC is much to detailed when is comes to odd diameters and pitch of threads. When trying to find the correct thread i need i have to scroll a lot in the drop down menu. So the solution for me was to make my own hole table, which i call ISO_REGULAR. Here i only show the data of threads i use the most. I just added a M88x2 and M100x2 to test it. They are marked by red below. The hole table file is placed, on my installation, at: .....\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M120\text\hole

hole table.jpg

When using the hole feature i select the hole table name "ISO_REGULAR" and scroll to the right thread type. See below.

hole feature.jpg

Hope the above helps.

Regards

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20

Hello,

i have had some problems regarding this specific issue. I think the ISO hole table provided by PTC is much to detailed when is comes to odd diameters and pitch of threads. When trying to find the correct thread i need i have to scroll a lot in the drop down menu. So the solution for me was to make my own hole table, which i call ISO_REGULAR. Here i only show the data of threads i use the most. I just added a M88x2 and M100x2 to test it. They are marked by red below. The hole table file is placed, on my installation, at: .....\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M120\text\hole

hole table.jpg

When using the hole feature i select the hole table name "ISO_REGULAR" and scroll to the right thread type. See below.

hole feature.jpg

Hope the above helps.

Regards

View solution in original post

l like your solution Jakob Warncke .

Think it´s correct answer.

How did you opened that file? Which program did you use?

It's just a text file, you can open it with any text editor. Notepad for example.

Steve Williams
Pro/E Version 15/16 (Circa 1995/1996)

Notepad and Wordpad... Am I missing something?

Notepad doesn´t work for me.

Use Wordpad and make your window as wide as possible.

My mistake, I was thinking of another file. You can use EXCEL and open, use "space" as your delimiter.

Steve Williams
Pro/E Version 15/16 (Circa 1995/1996)

If you want to step it up a level, try using Notepad++,  it is a great text editor that I have been using for quite some time.

It works, thanks!