cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Counterbore change dimension when going between free & close fit after manually entering value

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Counterbore change dimension when going between free & close fit after manually entering value

A current design needs a counterbore clearance for a socket wrench. I entered the value and then switched from close fit to free fit. The counterbore changed back to the standard diameter. Having manually entered this, it shouldn't change. I am glad I caught it. Here is a product suggestion filled out about this:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Creo-Parametric-Ideas/Leave-counterbore-diameter-when-changing-between-close-amp-free/idi-p/688124#M13688

7 REPLIES 7
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Dale_Rosema)

What version of Creo are you on?

I think I read that in Creo 7 PTC is maintaining some user entered values that overwrite their table data when things get changed.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Creo 4.0

Maybe this will already implemented then, but it caught me off guard this morning.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Not fixed in Creo 7.0.0.0.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

That's a huge gaffe.  I tend to avoid the "hole" command for this reason, unless I can't help it.  It's nice to have a "standard" table, but we need to have the standard table, and the ability to have other, standard company tables, AND we need to be able to override ANY value.

Wonder if there's a setting buried somewhere....?

only option I know of is "Hole Diameter Override"

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

The dimensions are still changing in Creo 9.0.4.0.

Clearance hole for a magnet with a clearance hole beyond that for a screw.

Change the screw clearance hole from a close fit to a free fit and my diameter of the counterbore change from the value I had already typed for the magnet.

Dale_Rosema_0-1685017024290.png

Top Tags