cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Create A Feature In Process Info

HuaJunZhang
1-Newbie

Create A Feature In Process Info

I use "Create Feature " this function in process info,but there are always showing that "Faces do not form a valid feature", I don't know what's the requirement about the faces I have created ,and this is the first time for me to use this function, I beg for anybody's help,thanks.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

hello,

based on this description its hard to say what is causing the issue. Which kind of feature you like to create and which faces being selected and so on.

My recommendation is to either contact TS with an example or to contact our training departement for a training request on this specific topic.

Face Set Features are very powerful - especially when you create them for using in patterns.

Thanks for your help ,basically I really need an example,it can be pictures or words .If I can use one,others are not the problem.So you know ,its not a big problem for me ,but for basic principle,how to use Bosses or Breakthroughs,could you help me to give me an example about using these feature?

some examples from version 16 .. pictures.

fsf1.jpg

fsf2.jpg

Restrictions for valid FSF

A face cannot belong to multiple FSF

A FSF defines one set of faces that must all be connected together. (see below picture for a incorrect example)

fsf3.jpg

Faces grouped together must belong to the same part

If this is still not providing enough information please contact your local Technical Support Center for more details or the Training Organization.

Top Tags