cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Create DXF

ddhondt
1-Newbie

Create DXF

Is there a way to create a 2D DXF of a part automatically?

We have a template with only 1 view with an orientation DXF. Now I would like to make a mapkey so automatically the drawing is created out of the part and also the drawing then is saved as DXF

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Danny,

I created an example for you, see x1.zip file.

• x1.prt ... testing prt located in working directory
  • x1_template.drw ... testing template located in working directory
  • x1_mapkey.pro ... mapkey dxf

My testing procedure:

• add the contents of x1_mapkey.pro into config.pro located in working directory
  • start Creo Parametric 2.0 M070
  • open x1.prt
  • run dxf mapkey
  • enter x1 when asked to Enter drawing name

If you want to automate entering of drawing name, then you have to use combination of AutoIt(AutoHotkey)+trail file+mapkey.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hello,

Try this:

mapkey $F2 ~ Command `ProCmdModelNew` ;~ Select `new` `Type` 1 `Drawing`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `new` `OK`;~ Activate `dwg_create` `psh_ok`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `appl_casc`;~ Command `ProCmdExportPreview`

mapkey(continued) ~ Command `ProCmdDwgPubSetDeliverable`  `DXF`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Command `ProCmdDwgPubExport` ;~ Activate `file_saveas` `OK`;

Danny,

I created an example for you, see x1.zip file.

• x1.prt ... testing prt located in working directory
  • x1_template.drw ... testing template located in working directory
  • x1_mapkey.pro ... mapkey dxf

My testing procedure:

• add the contents of x1_mapkey.pro into config.pro located in working directory
  • start Creo Parametric 2.0 M070
  • open x1.prt
  • run dxf mapkey
  • enter x1 when asked to Enter drawing name

If you want to automate entering of drawing name, then you have to use combination of AutoIt(AutoHotkey)+trail file+mapkey.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Hi, it does not work 100% automaticly, becouse you have to set DXF view in model before.

I mostly need to create DXF of sheetmetal parts. 'I have to set up dxf view before. It is nice there is "Flat Pattern Preview" but I can't save that view.

Does somebody know how to create DXF of sheetmetal part 100% automaticly by mapkey in creo2?

Thanks

Jose_Costa
6-Contributor
(To:vlipovčan)

Can you share a sample part and the template you pretend to use to give it a try?

Jose

My template is same like from MartinHanak.

I need to define DXF view of sheetmetal part by mapkey without user input. The view is same like "Flat Pattern Preview".

It is possible?

ScreenShot738.jpg

Hi,

just little comment . Every "user defined procedure" which makes some repeated action easier requires rules defined and followed (fro example existence of DXF view in a model).

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Top Tags