cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Create a Square to Round Transition - Solid

CJK_Acuity
1-Newbie

Create a Square to Round Transition - Solid

I am having a hard time creating a solid with a square bottom and round top on parrallel planes. Can someone help me understand the best way to do this in Pro-E? I used Swept Blend, but it is not a smooth transition. Please help! thanks...

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Couple of things to remember when creating swept blends...

1) Equal number of segments is all sketches. (or use blend vertices)

2) Start points need to be in the same relative location for both sections other wise you end up with something like:round-to-square-twist.jpg

In the sketch for the circle, I broke the circle in locations relative to the corners of the square using the break tool as you see below

circ-to-round-sec-2.jpg

Does this help?

-Greg

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Colette,

Attached are two quick shades of round to square transitions. Is this what you are referring to?

-Greg

Yes! Can you plesae give me a quick tutorial? thanks!

Colette,

I made the one you see in square-to-round as a swpet blend. Is that result acceptable?

If so, I will give you some pointers on that geometry. Otherwise, I can try to explain square-to-round2.

-Greg

Yes, the swept blend would be fine, but I cannot get it to transition smoothly. I choose a vertical centerline as the trajectory, and the square sketch below and round sketch above, but it won't construct properly. What am I missing? Thanks so much...

Couple of things to remember when creating swept blends...

1) Equal number of segments is all sketches. (or use blend vertices)

2) Start points need to be in the same relative location for both sections other wise you end up with something like:round-to-square-twist.jpg

In the sketch for the circle, I broke the circle in locations relative to the corners of the square using the break tool as you see below

circ-to-round-sec-2.jpg

Does this help?

-Greg

Thank you! My trouble was that the start points of the sketches were not in the same general area. All good now. thanks again!

Since it is getting late in my day and I am getting ready to head home, I thought that I would attach the Pro/E part - no IP here. I hope that you have WF5.0 and hopefully this will help you out. I also left the other transition in the model grouped and supressed if you want to take a look at it too.

-Greg

Top Tags