cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Create several curves based on .pts file

sbd
3-Visitor
3-Visitor

Create several curves based on .pts file

Hello all,

I am facing a problem with the creation of Offset Coordinate System based on .pts file input.

My issue is that I have  several curves (for now 16, but could be way more). I would like to import them as Offset Coordinate System and then create a curve based on the imported points (therefore 16 curves) and then sweep a profile on each curve.

Now it's getting quite tedious with a many curves... So, two questions:

-Is it possible to mass-import .pts files into separate Offset Coordinate features? Then the creation of the curves and the sweeps can be automated (UDF, mapkey, I'll have to look into that). I don't see how it would be possible to select all the files to import, but there might be a way

-If the above solution does not work, is it possible to put all the curves in a single .pts file and label/number them, so they are not all imported as a single cloud of points?

Thanks a lot for your answers!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
4 REPLIES 4

This works great, thank you so much!

In the meantime I started learning about mapkeys and OS scripts but that looked quite tedious.

Thanks again!

David423
3-Visitor
(To:sbd)

Create a new text file and just enter the point's xyz values with a space between each value, remember that it takes the values in XYZ order only whatever values you give, each line takes for one point for example say you have entered as 20 10 30 it is for first point the next line you enter will be for next point, continue to the required number of points and close the text file liteblue.

sbd
3-Visitor
3-Visitor
(To:David423)

Thanks for your answer, but this does not solve the question which was to create several curves.

The way you describe can be used to create only one curve.

Top Tags