cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Created Default Rep but can not activate or edit it.

Milkman
3-Visitor

Created Default Rep but can not activate or edit it.

I created a Default Rep in a part, but now I can not edit it, activate it, or even remove it. Anyone familiar with this problem?

6 REPLIES 6
dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:Milkman)

I am not aware the Default rep can be removed.

How are you trying to edit it? Have you been able to create other Part Simplified Reps?

I don't really want to remove it, I want to edit it. I thought maybe if I could delete it and recreate it, that might fix the problem.

I can not even activate it. I have tried Double_Click, Right click-Activate, Right click-Redefine, Edit-Redefine, I get nothing.

Yes, I have created other Reps, but this one seems to be corrupted from when I first created it.

Hi,

I think that your problem is related to your very specific part. Originally it was an assembly. The assembly was exported somehow and imported as single part. Then some external merge features were created. I guess that Default Rep is available in native assembly, only.

model.png

MH

Martin Hanák

The Default Rep was not in the native assembly though. I created this Rep after the import and merged features were added.

dcompton
4-Participant
(To:Milkman)

I'm having this same issue with an assembly that I created with a "save-as". It is driving me insane. Have you found a solution? 

Came across this when we saw a similar issue in a part in Creo 4 M060. The user told me the part had been imported/exported several times between neutral formats and different CAD systems. 

We were able to add a new rep named "Default" and it seems that it overwrote the existing Default Rep, making it editable again. 

Thought I'd share in case someone else runs into this again

Top Tags