cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Creating Composite Datum Curves

jodyjw
1-Newbie

Creating Composite Datum Curves

Hi Pros,

How do you create a composite datum curve?

I have two "sketch" curves and two datum curves that I want to make into a composite curve. I get that I need to select one of the curves and use edit > copy and edit > paste to create the composite curve. But when I try to do this the copy "dashboard" does not come up. I starts the window like it does when you create a regular datum curve or a sketch curve, depending on which one is selected when I do the copy, paste.

I did this a few months ago when I had some Mechanica training, but I cannot duplicate it today.

I am sure that I'm not holdingmy mouth right.

Thanks,

Jody

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Jody,

Most likely you're not "fully selecting" the curve. Notice that if you click the curve once it turns red. If you pause and click the curve a second time it turns a bold red. Once it's bold, the composite copy dashboard will open. If you only get the "light red" it will take you into a sketch setup.

One of those nice little ProE features....

Let me know if that works!

Good luck,

TROY MASON

Impulse Product Development
2445 Directors Row Ste C
Indianapolis, IN 46241

www.impulseproductdevelopment.com

www.facebook.com/impulseproductdevelopment

Thanks Troy.

That's what it was. I just found in on the PTC Users group after I posted it here. Who would have thaught to select it again? ProE is sooo user freindly.

Thanks,

Jody

Top Tags