cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Creating a Mirrored Part

NEALROSENBLUM
1-Newbie

Creating a Mirrored Part

All,

I just created a mirrored part (insert-->component-->create-->mirror).

I selected the options mirror type-->mirror geometry with features.

I wanted a slight difference between the original and its mirror. I was able to create this change in the mirrored part. BUT when I change the original part, the mirrored part does not change.

How do I add some level of dependency between the mirrored part and the original???

Sincerely,
Neal Rosenblum
Geometrix Engineering, Inc.
201 N. 13th Avenue
Hollywood, FL 33019
Ph: 954-920-2049
Fax: 954-920-9574
Cell: 954-649-9399
neal@geometrixeng.c

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

I believe what happens when you mirror and recreate the geometry, it breaks the dependancy with the original part at that point. If you would like them to be dependant, you would have to mirror the part but do not include the feature data as it is called in my version. When you do this, the first feature in the new model is a mirror. You can change the original, regenerate the mirror and the change will be reflected. You can then proceed to make any additional changes you like in the mirrored part.

Have you tried to open the part and then do 'file mirror part' keep dependency checked.

When I do this this I can change the original and the mirrored part updates, and I can make

changes to the mirrored part and the original does not change.

Gary

Top Tags