cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Creating a pattern

Mickyd1
1-Newbie

Creating a pattern

Hello all

im trying to machine a part in a multi blank I'm trying to create a pattern but having trouble. I want to machine the part complete before moving to the next part on the blank do u have to create a group then pattern. I've tried this but when tryin to create a pattern nothing happens. I'm using creo 2

thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine
(To:Mickyd1)

Michael,

you can do it as a subroutine. They are very handy if you want to do multiple parts.subroutines+1.JPG

subroutines2.JPG

As you can see from the above picture it allows you to select the sequences you want or you can leave some out.

subroutines3.JPG

this is where it get really interesting. At the top you can choose to do individual or grouped sequences.(itink you want grouped)then you can choose the cl output style (i think you want multax). Then you can choose the pattern type translate or rotate as well as the number of instances and the translation values.

works really well ! play with it to see what you can do.

Steve

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine

Michael,

you can do it as a subroutine. They are very handy if you want to do multiple parts.subroutines+1.JPG

subroutines2.JPG

As you can see from the above picture it allows you to select the sequences you want or you can leave some out.

subroutines3.JPG

this is where it get really interesting. At the top you can choose to do individual or grouped sequences.(itink you want grouped)then you can choose the cl output style (i think you want multax). Then you can choose the pattern type translate or rotate as well as the number of instances and the translation values.

works really well ! play with it to see what you can do.

Steve

Thanks Steve ill try this out tomorrow I was having to create a pattern for each opp

HI Steve

ive tried doing what you say all seems ok but think i must be doing something wrong . how do u play the subroutine? it doesnt seem to have that option

thanks mick

SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine

Michael,

The subroutine can be checked with play path by right mouse button on the operation and select play path. with vericut I think you need the stock material patterned to get it to work. Not sure I haven't tried it in Creo 2.0.

subroutine+4.JPG

hope this helps.

Steve

HI Steve.

i Must be doing something wrong I open the subroutine icon create choose a single sequence ,then individual then translate then number of reps in x with a number in x axis. The subroutine appears under the sequence I right click the sequence and play but it seems to play the single opp no repeat.

thanks again for the help

mick

SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine

Mick,

if you select ALL the sequences then select individual pattern style it performs each sequence or cut on each part of the subroutine before going to the next sequence or cut . The group pattern style finishes each part 1 at a time.

subroutine5.JPG

also the play path for all the cuts works when you select the operation that the subroutine is in, Then right mouse and play path.

subroutine6.JPG

Hope this helps

Steve

Thanks Steve

that worked i was just palying the sequence not the operation.That will save me having to create a patern for each sequence.

cheers mick

Top Tags