cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Creating a swept blend?

amccaffrey
1-Newbie

Creating a swept blend?

I have posted this question before but did not give enough information for an answer so here goes:

I want to create a swept blend from a parallelogram to a rectangle as shown by the blue lines in the attachment. The lower line to sweep is a curve but the upper line to sweep is a straight line. I have shown this in the attachment:

I am using Creo 2 in Windows 7 64 bit

I haven't done this before and if possible, will the finished sweep be a solid and can I then cut it?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:amccaffrey)

You have to align the arrows. The first picture is what you had. You can see one arrow on the left and one on the right, this will make the feature twist.

Also, in the second picture, you can change from Sketch to Select because you drew them already as Sketches. And same thing, just align the arrows to the same corners/same direction.

blend-arrows.JPGblend-arrows2.JPG

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Inoram
13-Aquamarine

I did it with a blend and added the angled part after.

blend11.JPG

Hi Matt,

I can't seem to get the same blend as you have and not sure why. I have attached four images of half the tag (I was going to mirror the other half). What happens is that the blend follows a straight line. In my case the upper line is straight from box section to box section but the lower line is a curve. How did you do yours?

Blend 1.jpg

Blend 2.jpg

Blend 3.jpg

Blend 4.jpg

Inoram
13-Aquamarine

Attached model.

This is what I get in the attached file. I have only done half the blend tag and will mirror the finished half:

Inoram
13-Aquamarine

You have to align the arrows. The first picture is what you had. You can see one arrow on the left and one on the right, this will make the feature twist.

Also, in the second picture, you can change from Sketch to Select because you drew them already as Sketches. And same thing, just align the arrows to the same corners/same direction.

blend-arrows.JPGblend-arrows2.JPG

Excellent! I was trying to remember how to move the arrows around and could not but eventually found that you could grab and manoeuvre them. Thanks a bunch for this. That's the problem with not using 3D CAD every day..........it's easy to forget the smallest things.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

Boundary blends to the cylindrical surfaces might be better, if more work, because you can then specify boundary conditions.  Does it really go to a strictly rectangular section there from the cylinder?

I agree with using boundary blends and then solidifying afterward. Boundary Blends give you much more control although can take more features and steps to get the desired result. As I have mentioned on other modeling issues, it is not how quick you get there initially, it is about getting the desired design intent that is also easily controlled and changed.

I've attached the final design. Wasn't sure if you could cut the section I created hence the direction I took. I'll bear your method in future though!

Thanks for your input guys.

Thanks for sharing the final design results. Good to know why the need. I am hooked on Boundary Blends!! 🙂

Top Tags