cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Creating intermittent fillet weld

ChristianSmith
1-Newbie

Creating intermittent fillet weld

I'm fairly familiar with the welding functions but I have a piece that I'm trying to creat a intermittent fillet weld however the base or bottom wall has a couple of gaps in it. When I create the weld then normally you can click the intermittent weld feature and it will give you the options of length and spacing. How can I create this feature on this part? I attached a picture below.

Christian.JPG

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Christian

I allmost never use weldments. But I think you should try to create the gaps (openings, holes) after you made the weldments and if that dont works let them not cut in the weldments.

Regards

Chris

I suppose that is one way of doing it, however I don't think PTC made their software to function in a roundabout way like that. I would assume there is a way to create this kind of a weld without having to jimmy rig it.

Top Tags