cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Creo 1.0: Big problems with the new Sheet Metal module.

David_M
5-Regular Member

Creo 1.0: Big problems with the new Sheet Metal module.

It seems to be impossible to create a Blend Wall in Creo 1.0 unless you make another Sheet Metal feature first. Sometimes, that isn't practical. Pro/E could do this no problem, but in Creo the command isn't always available. Does anyone know how to add a Blend Wall as a First Wall, without starting the part in Sheet Metal mode? You may want to do this if you had Solid or Surface construction geometry.

Furthermore, it seems impossible to create a Sheet Metal circle, for example, without converting from Solid. I should be able to start a part in Sheet Metal mode, draw a circle and make that into my first wall, if I so chose.

So either way round, Sheet Metal seems to have changed. Can anyone help me out here? Is it an oversight by PTC?

Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
11 REPLIES 11
DavorGranic
14-Alexandrite
(To:David_M)

I dont quite understand ure problem. I can make circle in sheetmetal and make it into first wall no prob.

Just sketch it and click on planar feature and ure done. it will say its first wall in model tree...

David_M
5-Regular Member
(To:DavorGranic)

Well, yeah that's how it used to work in Pro/E. But in Creo 1.0 It won't have it. It will only make planar walls as effectively thin extrusions, so no circles allowed.

Sketch (circle) > Done > (select sketch) > Planar > Done > ERROR.

Any ideas?

Thanks

DavorGranic
14-Alexandrite

Think its prob with your installation of Creo if you get error. Maybe you should take it up with support.

1231.jpg

David_M
5-Regular Member

I have managed to get a circle at last, but you have to start the part as Sheet Metal. It doesn't work if you start a general part and then convert. Even if you convert straight away.

Thanks

DavorGranic
14-Alexandrite

Converting from general works fine too. make sure u pick same sheetmetal thickness as the height of previously extruded circle.

David_M
5-Regular Member

Even if you convert before drawing the circle?

DavorGranic
14-Alexandrite

Yep. But i dont see the diffrence in starting from sheetmetal part and starting from general and then immediately converting to sheemetal before creating anything.

David_M
5-Regular Member

Well, no there shouldn't be a difference. I'll see what I can find out.

David_M
5-Regular Member

To add to the confusion, if I sketch a circle in a gernaral part, save and close the file, and open it again, everything is fine. Making a planar wall works as it should.

David_M
5-Regular Member

Are on on 32bit or 64bit, Davor?

Talking of Sheet Metal, where's the Hem command gone?

Thanks

DavorGranic
14-Alexandrite

I`m on 64bit. Hem u get by using flange wall and choose "flushed".

Top Tags