cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Creo 10 books (trainning - tutorial)

gbon
1-Newbie

Creo 10 books (trainning - tutorial)

Hi alls,

I'm using ProE since 1995 but didn't have training course since a long time.

I'm wondering if there is a book to learn what's new in Creo for someone
that already knows ProE.

I don't want a book that spend 100 pages to explain how to create 3 datum
planes 😉

When PTC manufactures Wildfire2, they made 2 tutorials, one for new user, an
other for experienced users.

I'm looking for something like the second one.

There are several books on Amazon.com but I suppose they have been written
for novice users.

Does someone know if there are some books like what I'm looking for?

Thanks,

GB

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

If you are already using Wildfire, you don't need much training to learn Creo. If you are using Wildfire 5, you will need no training to use Creo.

I moved our entire Engineering Group from WF5 to Creo with no training and everyone was up to speed in about 2 to 3 days.

Creo is new but it still uses all the same terminology and process you are using with Wildfire. Many of the features are easier to use and require less steps, but it's not something you need to relearn.

If you are familiar with Wildfire 5, it gives you an added benefit due to the Ribbon UI used in Drawing mode. Creo uses the Ribbon UI across the entire software, so learning it from Wildfire 5 is even easier.

Creo has a great Search function that allows you to find the commands you want, by simply typing them on the search box. The feedback is instant and will get you familiar with Creo fast.

Remember that with Creo you are learning where things have moved and not so much how to actually use it. It's not that diffferent than Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire.

Check out my Youtube page for a really short video on Creo and using the Search tool. I will create more videos in the future.

Hope this helps.

http://goo.gl/Aa26S

In Reply to georges bon:

Hi alls,

I'm using ProE since 1995 but didn't have training course since a long time.

I'm wondering if there is a book to learn what's new in Creo for someone
that already knows ProE.

I don't want a book that spend 100 pages to explain how to create 3 datum
planes 😉

When PTC manufactures Wildfire2, they made 2 tutorials, one for new user, an
other for experienced users.

I'm looking for something like the second one.

There are several books on Amazon.com but I suppose they have been written
for novice users.

Does someone know if there are some books like what I'm looking for?

Thanks,

GB

"Too many people walk around like Clark Kent, because they don't realize they can Fly like Superman"

Top Tags