cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Creo 2.0: Copy curve?

dhale1
1-Newbie

Creo 2.0: Copy curve?

I have an existing part that I would like to use as reference geometry, and I have successfully used the cross section utility to create a 2D curve of the cross section-

At present I can find no way to copy this curve and move it to another part file to be used as a sketch-reference.

Any ideas?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:dhale1)

To copy it without making a reference back to the original part, save the source part as an IGES file and change the Geometry selection in the export to Datum Curves and Points.  Next import the file created into the destination file.  (you can drag and drop the file on to the screen and select append for this also)  If there are extra curves and points they can be removed using the data doctor.

To copy the curve with reference to the original, put both in an assembly, activate the new part, select the curve, and use Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
Top Tags