cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creo 2.0 - Q: Is the flat state easier to create in PTC Creo than in Wildfire 5?

Re: Creo 2.0 - Q: Is the flat state easier to create in PTC Creo than in Wildfire 5?

I am on the TC so i will try and remeber to bring this up.

Re: Creo 2.0 - Q: Is the flat state easier to create in PTC Creo than in Wildfire 5?

Thanks!

Thanks Antonius, I was mostly questioning PTC representative reply stating that ther is a single button action to create a simplified rep. If it did exists it would be simpler for us to create flat states than using the unbend/bend back reps that we're using today. It seems to be similar to what you describe.

I'm not sure I follow you on View States vs Simplified Reps. As I understood it View States requires a Combined state which requires a Simplified Rep where the Bend back feature is excluded in a Simplified Rep.

Great Andrew!

I believe that in most other CAD programs you will have a flat state created by default. Creo seems to be really close as the fixed geometry can be choosen by default and that the flat state can be shown in the docked preview window.

You are correct. I didn't realize that I was creating simplified reps by defining the view states

The view state only helps by providing a desired orientation.

I do believe the PTC Rep over-represented the capabilities. You probably have his/her contact information. It would be interesting to see what they -really- meant.