cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Creo 2.0 site file issues

BillChapman
12-Amethyst

Creo 2.0 site file issues

We are experiencing site file problems specific to certain sequences only. Currently the site file does not populate any parameters for profile sequences or facing sequences. All other milling sequences seem to work fine (at least the ones we use on a regular basis: volume, trajectory, etc.) We are running Creo 2.0 M040.

Any advice on how to get the site files working again for these sequences?

Regards,
Bill Chapman
Sencon
ph 708-496-3100 x293

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

Bill,

I have noticed this also. I thought it might be me. If you have narrowed it down to certain sequences it might be worth sending it to tech support for a look. I noticed the new chamfer sequence doesn't populatethe parameters Either.

Steve

I have filed a case (Case #11340102), I will advise if I hear the resolution. Anyone found a work around?

Oddly I have seen this start to work, but not consistently. Started a new program, tried a profile sequence, no parameters populated. I went into the site file, did not change a thing, went back and created a profile and all parameters populated correctly. Tried a face sequence did not work. Tried to create a 2nd profile sequence, did not work.

Regards,
Bill

I should state that the parameters that do not fill are relation based and taken from tool information:

CUT_FEED =TOOL_ROUGH_FEED_RATE
PROF_INCREMENT =TOOL_ROUGH_RADIAL_DEPTH
SPINDLE_SPEED =TOOL_ROUGH_SPINDLE_RPM
STEP_DEPTH =TOOL_ROUGH_AXIAL_DEPTH
APPROACH_DISTANCE =CUTTER_DIAM*.6
EXIT_DISTANCE =CUTTER_DIAM*.6

Regards,
Bill

Bill,
Give this a shot and see if it works for your application:

[SIGNATURE_11f]

This is a trick I found in Wildfire 4 and it appears to behave the same in Creo2. You can create relations in the process manager that will apply to all toolpaths, it creates feature level relations for each toolpath which are viewable via the relations editor by selecting feature, and the toolpath.
Use the process manager:
[cid:image002.png@01CE40FB.979D4B00]

Open global relations:
[cid:image006.jpg@01CE40FC.007BC250]

Type your relations in here:
[cid:image005.png@01CE40FB.979D4B00]
When you check out of the relation editor it will apply these relations to all existing toolpaths.

Thank you. We will test this more in the upcoming weeks, but this does seem to be a valid work around.

Regards,
Bill
Top Tags