cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Creo 2 - Fastest Way To Exit A Feature?

ira.winston
1-Newbie

Creo 2 - Fastest Way To Exit A Feature?

When Iam inthe sketch of anExtrude feature and want to bail out, it seems to require several picks: - Cancel Sketch- Confirm by clicking Yes- Cancel the feature from the dashboard/ribbon Out in3 picks. As an alternative, I could use the right mouse popup menu and click Cancel > Yes and then Cancel from the dashboard.NowI amout in4 picks. I can also: - Click the Extrude tab.- Cancel the feature. Out in 2 picks! If anyone is old enough to remember the game show "Name That Tune", you will see the parallel to this mental exerciseand know that the goalhereis to find a way to get out in one pick only. If anyone has found a solution other than a Mapkey and custom icon, let me know. ~Ira PS: The number of clicks and keystokes to type out this message has burned through several years ofpotential "click savings" that I would gain by finding a one click solution to exiting a sketched feature.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Per Steve Suttle at Oracle, the [Esc] key will get you out of a sketched feature in only onepick. Very nice! However,when workingin a Direct Feature (Round, Hole, Chamfer, Shell, Draft) the [Esc] key displays a confirm dialog so you are out in 2picks. Darn, so close, almost there. I will look for a complete one click exit solution that works everywhere in Creo 3. Thanks everyone for the quick replies. ~Ira
Top Tags