cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Creo 2 - hide layers - notes, gtols, symbols

davehaigh
11-Garnet

Creo 2 - hide layers - notes, gtols, symbols

In Wildfire 4 you can hide layers that have notes, gtols, & symbols.

In Creo 2 hiding those layers has no affect upon the items on the layers.

When you are in the model mode there are options to toggle the display of annotations that allow you to turn these off in the model. In drawing mode those controls don't exist in the UI.

Part mode you get this: along with the Manage Annotations pull down.
[cid:image002.png@01CD868C.8962CF30]

In Drawing mode the only control seems to be Erase from the Drawing tree.

It seems there is no point in collecting these items onto layers if you can't change the display using layers.

At first glance, I'm not sure I like this new behavior. Am I missing something?

David Haigh
Phone: 925-424-3931
Fax: 925-423-7496
Lawrence Livermore National Lab
7000 East Ave, L-362
Livermore, CA 94550

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

I just saw that all the text I have in the tables of my format and BOM hide when I hide the notes layer. Also the view lables hide with that layer.

Anything you've added to a view doesn't hide.

Seems like odd behavior to me. Why are some things annotations and others are not.

David Haigh
Top Tags