cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Creo 2 not obeying defined unit system

lsilva
1-Newbie

Creo 2 not obeying defined unit system

On Configuration Editor, pro_unit_sys is mmns, as I want (and 99% of the world wants).

But every new part I create comes with the stupid Inch lbm second

I'm very tired of changing this on Model Properties every time I create a file

What is wrong here ?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Lucas,

pro_unit_sys defined in config.pro is used when you create empty part. You must not use template !!!

If you want to use template then open template part in Creo, change its units and SAVE it. After this modification the template is ready to use !!!

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Lucas,

pro_unit_sys defined in config.pro is used when you create empty part. You must not use template !!!

If you want to use template then open template part in Creo, change its units and SAVE it. After this modification the template is ready to use !!!

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

I didn't know this option existed so thank you both. I always start with an empty part and 80% of these I have to change to metric. This should help.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:lsilva)

There are default templates for both ips and mmns settings in the <loadpoint>/comon files/M###/templates folder.

Use the proper template for your units or create your own templates and use the start_model_dir config.pro setting to point to the folder with your custom template(s).

lsilva
1-Newbie
(To:lsilva)

Gotta Thank you both, too

In my logic and opinion the Config.pro should override the templates...That's why I got it wrong.

To complement Martin and Ben's explanation:

Copying a original template to your folder and edit it's units may not be enough for you. To make the new template default, change template_solidpart, or template_designasm, etc...

Thanks again.

Top Tags