cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Creo 3.0 compatibility with Solid Edge

dnewman
3-Visitor

Creo 3.0 compatibility with Solid Edge

Hi,

My company is merging with another,

We use Creo, but they use Siemens Solid Edge

I need to know what compatibility Creo 3 has with Solid Edge ST7. I know Creo 3 has an Import feature for Solid Edge files, but is that an easy 'File > import' or do I download extra software to do this? and once imported, can I edit the model like a normal Creo model or is it more of a viewer with large limitations? What are the limitations of what can be transferred and modified in Creo from Solid Edge?!

I hope someone can give me some advice, or point me in the right direction for help/guides.

Thanks in advance,

Dan

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

We are in the same boat and would love this feedback as well.

James62
10-Marble
(To:dnewman)

Hi,

It's fairly simple right now, as things are still being implemented to Creo Parametric 3.0.

Wait till M020 is out, read on Unite Technology capabilities, and start testing.

whu-2
4-Participant
(To:dnewman)

Referring to PTC technical article at https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS127522&lang=en

• Creo Parametric 3.0 M010 will support import of Solid Edge version 18.0 - ST5
  • Import support Solid Edge Part (*.par) and Solid Edge Assembly (*.asm)
  • It will support Solid Edge Sheet Metal document (*.psm) in Creo 3.0 future datecode
  • Export will not be supported
dnewman
3-Visitor
(To:whu-2)

Hi Weiling,

I see this kind of information displayed proudly by PTC alot, but I need to know the limitations and abilities these features have once you've imported the file e.g. Can you edit the file afterwards etc. (See orginal message)

Cheers for the help though!

Flexible Modeling Extension can make quicker work, but it's not necessary to work with import geometry. There's nothing you can do with that extension that you can't do with base package. Remodeling from 0 it's not so heavy if you have geometry created by solid features. I think with time you're be obliged to use a unique CAD.

Top Tags