cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Creo Suggestions/comments

bjones-3
1-Newbie

Creo Suggestions/comments

I've used Creo/proE for 10+ years these are just a few things I'd like to see work better...

Relations haven't changed much in those 10 years perhaps a library or pull down menu or even insert relation option to select commonly used relations/parameters or IF/Then Statements for tables.

Option to show dual dimensions on specific dimension in a drawing,  I know that doesn't seem practical but, I've had to connect a molded part with inch dimension to a metric purchase part.

I don't have a suggestion for improvement but the Swept Blend feature is not very user friendly and fails often.

Saving a parasolid from Creo parametric 3.0 won't open in Solidworks, I was told by a SW applications engineer that  parasolid is the base model that a solidworks model is built from.

I would like to see 3D sketches become more user friendly and an im proved thread tool including a standard luer thread per ISO80369-2016-7

5 REPLIES 5
STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:bjones-3)

There are a few posts about enhancements already.  I was looking for a specific one but can't find it now.  But here is one.

Let us talk about the most expected enhancements in Creo 5.0

StephenW
23-Emerald II

You should break up your post in to one idea per post.

dual dimensions Show ONLY a single dimension in dual mode

I would submit a support ticket to PTC for the parasolid issue, that sounds like a bug.

You can add thread types to the hole tool. We've added a few.

3D sketches  3D Sketch in part mode

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Here is the last list that I can find.

January 2015 TC Meetings: Enhancement Requests for Creo

The comments are only to state the nice to haves that I've seen over the years, they could be taken seriously or ignored that's up to ptc. If it has been said already then my comments only add to the need for improvement.

I am well aware of the work around solutions for many of those comments, my suggestion was to make them easier to access and use like other softwares already do.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Parasolid used to be the base modeler for SolidWorks, but a few years ago, after Dassault bought them, they converted to using they CATIA modeler.

You may have aversion conflict between Parasolid file versions. Be sure that the version you export is at the same version that you import to or older.

Top Tags