cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Creo Tutorials: Creating extrusions using sketches: Newbie question.

Fortythree
3-Visitor

Creo Tutorials: Creating extrusions using sketches: Newbie question.

Quick intro - Hello, Kurt here, recently laid off from my Solidworks position - on SW since '96.  Have an interview next week for a position using Creo.  Downloaded 30 day free trial and am going thru tutorials, specifically the one above:  Creating extrusions using sketches. 

Directions say to RMB sketch1 and choose unhide, but unhide is not available.  I would wager that i am in some other mode or command that disallows this command but i've exited and restarted, still to no avail.

Link below is to the tutorial (item 5 and attachment is my current-state screen.

Any assistance would be appreciated.  

Kurt

https://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/r6.0/usascii/index.html#page/tutorials_pma%2Fexercise_01%2Fcreating_extrusions_using_sketches.html%23wwconnect_header

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Right click on the greyed out Sketch 1 above Extrude 1 feature. You won't get the Show/Hide function on an embedded sketch.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Right click on the greyed out Sketch 1 above Extrude 1 feature. You won't get the Show/Hide function on an embedded sketch.

wow, thank you...I didn't even see it for looking so hard at the embedded one.  Care to tell me why there is a sketch 1 embedded (like in SW) but also one above it?  What the theory is ...or will i find that out thru general use?

Kurt

So that you only have an embedded sketch start the Extrude/Revolve command first and this will create the sketch embedded. If you want to use a sketch in multiple features you can do that with a non-embedded sketch.

Top Tags