cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Creo Version accessable via relation

ekline
1-Newbie

Creo Version accessable via relation

I would like to be able to store the version of Creo used to create a model within its parameters (i.e. "CREO v3 F000").

The overall intent is to push that parameter into PDM Link so that a user could tell if the Creo file will be readable by their locally installed version of Creo.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
Wheelsofsteel
5-Regular Member
(To:ekline)

Yes, I would like to know this too.

I have the version listed with an notation note on the flat to screen plane within manufacturing files, but at the moment, I control it by a parameter, which I have to manually update.

Having this as an automatic feature would be useful.

huggre
1-Newbie

Hi, you can do this with modelcheck

ekline
1-Newbie

Just to be clear, according to PTC Support:

"This information can be found with ModelCHECK but I am not sure if it can be called out directly in a drawing.  However, if it can, it will be displayed in the format as seen as the top of a model file when viewed in a text editor: “3200 2011190.”  3200 is the release and 2011190 is the datecode.  You would then need a relation which converts this to the format of Creo Parametric 1.0 datecode F000." - CASE REF: 12197528

I'd hate to have to create a huge relation to convert that value to the more user-friendly value. 

I suppose you might be able to have ModelCheck set a parameter's value based off the ModelCheck configuration but that would require altering the ModelCheck's configuration everytime you deploy a new version of the software.

I am open to suggestions but I'd really prefer a solution that is simple and sustainable.

Thanks for the comment!

huggre
1-Newbie

Eric

I dont think you need to write any relations or change any modelcheck settings between each version/datecode to manage this.

Simply create a common modelcheck that adds a string parameter to the model with the current Creo version/datecode that was active when the check was performed.

If you want to display this value in any drawing/format, then just call this parameter from there.

Hugo

Top Tags