cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Creo can't save pkg files

dwooldridge
1-Newbie

Creo can't save pkg files

I get this error when I try to save a pkg file. This is my first time using Creo 4.0 and I need to save files for a class.

Creo Elements/Direct Modeling could not create the package file "H:/ghn.pk2". Please check if you have sufficient virtual memory, and if you have left enough space in the destination directory and in "C:/Users/WOOLDR~1/AppData/Local/Temp/3dv0q4841n6maq87296.autotmp".   (Error -1)

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Creo 4.0 and Files .PK2?

IMHO .PK2 is created by CED Modeling Express

Also, please check if you have write permission on the H:  drive, since this seems to be the destination for your .PK2 file.

I am using Creo Elements Direct Modeling Express 4.0 (English). Yes, I am writing to my H drive but I can put other stuff on it.

I went to C:\Users\wooldridgedc\AppData\Local\Temp and 3dv0q4841n6maq87296.autotmp was not there.

Saving your data first goes to %TEMP% and then it is moved/copied to the H: drive

Try Setting Environment variable TEMP (%TEMP%) to a Location on your H: drive.

Also, you are using a pretty old Version of Modeling Express.

The current Version is 6.0 - you should give that a try.

btw.on which platform are you running Express 4.0?

Top Tags