cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Creo eats my sketches

lessthan
4-Participant

Creo eats my sketches

So we are using Creo 6.0 with Windchill. I need to put ports in my parts. The ports don't change change. I, thinking I was clever, saved sketches of the common ports in an offline folder to reuse. However, if I ever use these saved sketches, Creo deletes them after use. I don't want that. This behavior is obnoxious. (Creo does it with tables too.) I want it to behave like Palette. I'm not allowed to add things to Palette and the port names are generic and will deeply mess up my Windchill workspace. I could save the sketch separately again every time I use it, but that is also more work than I think I should be doing. Is there a way to turn this behavior off?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pettersson
13-Aquamarine
(To:lessthan)

I, too, have a palette that I'm not allowed to edit. But Creo has an option to set the path to your palette folder. So I created two mapkeys: one for switching to my alternative palette folder, and another for switching back to the Company palette.

So you could try that. Put your sketches in a folder (you can even arrange them in subfolders that become tabs in the palette), and then make the two mapkeys to switch palette.

If you want to be fancy, you could even do the toggle trick: Make a mapkey that switches to your palette, then loads a config that changes the mapkey into one that sets the palette to the company palette. That way you could have a single mapkey for toggling between the two.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

@lessthan 

Do you have sketches in *.sec files? 

I tried the same, it didn't remove my *.sec files.

Ah, that is how it lures you into complacency! I actually don't know what the trigger for erasure is. I do save them as .sec files and I might get a use or two out of them, but inevitably they disappear. (Not from a function of my IT department.) It is more likely for me to only get one reuse though.  

You may try checking if it is happening as soon as it used or after exit of Creo. 

Pettersson
13-Aquamarine
(To:lessthan)

I, too, have a palette that I'm not allowed to edit. But Creo has an option to set the path to your palette folder. So I created two mapkeys: one for switching to my alternative palette folder, and another for switching back to the Company palette.

So you could try that. Put your sketches in a folder (you can even arrange them in subfolders that become tabs in the palette), and then make the two mapkeys to switch palette.

If you want to be fancy, you could even do the toggle trick: Make a mapkey that switches to your palette, then loads a config that changes the mapkey into one that sets the palette to the company palette. That way you could have a single mapkey for toggling between the two.

lessthan
4-Participant
(To:Pettersson)

Genius! I will give that a shot. 

Top Tags