cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Creo2 Patterns don't build in Creo3?

dprieb
4-Participant

Creo2 Patterns don't build in Creo3?

It seems the enhanced Creo 3 pattern tool does not build Creo 2 patterns.  I am trying to migrate a parametric model template to Creo3 and have around 240 patterns in the templates that are ALL driven by parameters and they do not build in the new version. I have to delete and replace then modify the equations for each pattern.

All 240 patterns are axial in nature with parameters for [Number of instances] and [separation angle].

Is there a better way to do this?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7
DeanLong
10-Marble
(To:dprieb)

If that is true...Ouch!

David,

can you upload some example model ?

MH

Martin Hanák
dprieb
4-Participant
(To:MartinHanak)

I prefer not to share the model but see the pictures below. I built this model from scratch in Creo 2 and it works for any number of pattern members based on the 'teeth' parameter. When I turn the lobes on everything regenerates beautifully. In Creo 3 the former pattern leader builds every time but if I set pattern members to more than 1 I have regeneration failures or it builds the wrong thing. The other instances fail and I can manually enter a value for the rotation angle in the relation and it has no effect.

I think I will be contacting PTC support.

PatternEx.jpgPatternError.jpg

Hi,

unfortunatelly pictures do not show exactly what geometry you are patterning. If you must not upload test model then I cannot investigate the problem ... I am sorry.

MH

Martin Hanák
llehuu
1-Newbie

Is there anyone who have a motobike Drawing? I'm very appriciate that you send me a document.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:llehuu)

Try grabcad.  GrabCAD - CAD library

llehuu
1-Newbie

Unfortunately Gradcad just have a solidwork modeling and don't have the dimension indetail . Anyway tks for your help

Top Tags