cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Cross Sections not Capped in Creo 4.0 M050

MuzzyP
9-Granite

Cross Sections not Capped in Creo 4.0 M050

In Creo m040, cross section capping worked fine, but since we updated to M050, every time you open an assembly for the first time in memory, and activate a cross section, the cross section does not show any of the solid objects in the cross section as capped, but instead as if they were hollow. If you edit definition on the section, and then hit accept (without changing anything) the cross section caps solids and appears as it should.

Sometimes some objects show capped as they should, but not all. (maybe 1 out of 50 objects in cross section). This makes me wonder if there is some "New EnhancementTM" that is treating cross sections like imported geometry when you have multiple features that are intersecting such that it does not know which side to make solid or not. I did not see anything in the changelog regarding cross sections from M030 to M050.

I have verified that the config setting, "CAPPED_CLIP YES" is enabled, and I cannot find any other settings that might be affecting this behavior.

It seems to do it on any assembly, whether generated originally in M050 or M030 or Creo 2.0, etc.

I have verified this is the behavior on everyone's setup in my company, with many different environment and customizations.

Has anyone else witnessed this behavior and/or have any solutions?

Sincerely,

Tired of Redefining Every Cross Section to Activate it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jbob
11-Garnet
(To:MuzzyP)

we were seeing the same issue and reported it to PTC case #14649107, an SPR was created #7817871

this is fixed in Creo 4 M090.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
GaryLinscheid
15-Moonstone

We are having this same issue in 4.0 M060.  Haven't found a solution either.

Hi,

please report the problem to PTC Support.

Simple question: Why did you stop using CR4 M040 ?

Recommendation: Do not upgrade if you are satisfied with current version.

Martin Hanák

With the response history of "The program is working to specification, therefore nothing is wrong." I wanted to start here because the greatest resource for help/advice are the people that actually use the software on a daily basis.

Simple answer: My company made the update to M050, it is not something that is done by choice.

If that were the case, I, and many others, would still be using Creo 2 because the smart selection filter was removed in Creo 4, as well as many other "enhancements".

jbob
11-Garnet

we were seeing the same issue and reported it to PTC case #14649107, an SPR was created #7817871

this is fixed in Creo 4 M090.

MuzzyP
9-Granite
(To:jbob)

Good to know that it has been addressed.

Thanks for the heads up!

Top Tags