cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Custom threads using the Hole Tool in Creo 2.0

rmiller-2
1-Newbie

Custom threads using the Hole Tool in Creo 2.0

Hello , I am trying to use the hole tool in CREO 2.0 to add a threaded hole in my model . My hole is not one of the standard in the drop down list . So is it possible to create a custom thread size (1 1/16 x 12 ) ? If so how ?

Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You can edit hole tables or add additional hole tables for your own custom requirements.

By default, these reside in the application structure and will be lost if you update the software so have a backup or designate a different folder for your hole tables.

Look in this folder... ...<install location>\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M040\text\hole\

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

You can edit hole tables or add additional hole tables for your own custom requirements.

By default, these reside in the application structure and will be lost if you update the software so have a backup or designate a different folder for your hole tables.

Look in this folder... ...<install location>\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M040\text\hole\

What program do you edit the files with ?

Wordpad, notepad... anything that creates a format-free ascii text file.

Thanks very much !

Top Tags