cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Customized hol. files changing on reopen?

dfrost
1-Newbie

Customized hol. files changing on reopen?

Hello,

Has anyone run into this? Or know a work around? I have created my own hol. files to be used on drawings and am very happy how they work.

These hol. files are stored on my harddrive in the text folder with the defaults. My problem is this: if someone else opens my part files, the holes change from unc or unf to iso. I believe it changes specifically to iso because it is alphabetically at the top of the list of default hol. files. Also, if I open a file I created before my custom hol. files, they also will default to iso. I've heard talk of using a family table with hol. files, would this be a better way of using custom files? I doubt everyone is going to want to switch to my hole files, plus what would then happen to old drawings?

Any help would be awesome! I really don't want to have to go back to the default hole files and then go thru each file and change it back to default.

Thank you

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the reply, but like most companies they are a little squeamish about trying new things.

But I actually stumbled across another answer. By changing config option hole_file_resolution to use_internal, it saves the hole file parameters within the part file. Even got our cad manager to change that one on the network config.pro.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BillChapman
12-Amethyst
(To:dfrost)

Set the config option:

hole_parameter_file_path X:\ProE_Library\hole

Hopefully you have a company standard and you can set this for everyone.

Thanks for the reply, but like most companies they are a little squeamish about trying new things.

But I actually stumbled across another answer. By changing config option hole_file_resolution to use_internal, it saves the hole file parameters within the part file. Even got our cad manager to change that one on the network config.pro.

Top Tags