cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Customizing startup of Creo Elements / Direct Modeling 4.0

ptc-4991097
1-Newbie

Customizing startup of Creo Elements / Direct Modeling 4.0

I need to have the "view" tab open by default at startup, rather than the "modeling" tab - How would I go about doing that??

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Modeling 4.0 - sounds like you are using Modeling Express?

The *real* Software with Ribbon U/I is Modeling 18.0 and later.

Starting with release Modeling 18.1 the Ribbon U/I can be customized.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I can't understand...

What is the "view" tab ?

Do you mean to have the 2D window "Annotation" at first view ?

You can startup some things automatically in a "sd_customize" file.

---------------------
SolidDesigner-20.5 + PE8 + PhoenixPDM + Solidworks + Blender

Highway45,

When I open Creo Elements / Direct Modeling 4.0, I see the following:

Creo+ScreenShot.jpg

Instead of the "modeling" tab being active, I want the "view" tab to be active. . .

I hope that this makes things more clear. ..

Henry Yates II

Can someone out there help me with my original request?? I'm trying to get Creo Elements / Direct Modeling 4.0 to open with the "View" icon-bar tab, rather than the "modeling" icon bar tab. . . I'd also like to execute the "fit" command, so that the imported file "fits" in the window. . .

How can I do this with the sd_customize file?? I find the help / command list for this file almost incomprehensible. . .there's no "example" files anywhere from which to determine syntax, etc. . .

Please help!!

Modeling 4.0 - sounds like you are using Modeling Express?

The *real* Software with Ribbon U/I is Modeling 18.0 and later.

Starting with release Modeling 18.1 the Ribbon U/I can be customized.

Top Tags