cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Cutcom and volume roughing

bwindey
6-Contributor

Cutcom and volume roughing

Hi Everyone

Why can't I activate cutcom during rough(_only) operations in a volume roughing sequence. This is only possible when using "profile related" rough_option.
A solid carbide mill can be regrinded, so the new diameter is less than the diameter programmed. This difference is picked up by the cutter compensation on the machine, but there is no possibility to activate it with cutcom in the volume roughing sequence.
One can set all necessary parameters in the volume roughing sequence, but it has no effect or it does not work for rough_only. How can I solve this?

3 REPLIES 3
RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine
(To:bwindey)

I'm afraid there's no solution. I always make a roughing operation using volume milling then a finishing operation using profile milling with cutter compensation.

SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine
(To:RaphMORIN)

with regular volume roughing if you use scan type "ROUGH_AND_PROFILE" Cutter compensation will work. It roughs the part then makes a profile cut around it with the lead in and lead out set so cutter comp works.

Bart,

Cutter compensation is only used for profile milling of a closed loop, also in manual programming in ISO code.  The coordinates are that of the outer side of the cutter.  A volume rough is always programmed as a path for the center of the milling cutter.

Top Tags