cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DXF for Sketch (.sec) creation

Highlighted

DXF for Sketch (.sec) creation

Hello,

Virtual newbie here. I am using Creo 2.0 for this current project. I need to take a logo and get it put on a surface. I have various formats available (dxf, jpeg, bmp, .ai, png, eps). I have tried creating a 'sketch' using the dxf file in both 'sketcher' and 'drawing'. In both instances nothing shows up on the screen.

I have tried following some examples found here (recycle symbol that was a .sec file) and following the directions. Nothing seems to be working.

Please, any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

RE: DXF for Sketch (.sec) creation

Hi,

you can use View - Model Display - Images for that. Here you can add a picture to a plane, resize it and use it as a background for your sketch.

If the dxf import into the sketch doesn't workeither the dxf version is too new or there is no vector data in the dxf - maybe there is only pixel data inside which is possible in AutoCAD.

Regards

Hans-Dieter

RE: DXF for Sketch (.sec) creation

Don't know about Creo 2.0 command structure but in WF4, I like to use:

Insert>Shared Data>From File

Select your dxf file.

(select Coordinate System).

You might insert a new coordinate system before this so you can adjust it's position relative to the original coordinate system.

On a side note I really have recently have had good luck using GIMP (www.gimp.org) to get the "paths" out a logo and potrace-1.11.win32 to turn the SVG image into a dxf.

In Reply to Richard Byle:

Hello,

Virtual newbie here. I am using Creo 2.0 for this current project. I need to take a logo and get it put on a surface. I have various formats available (dxf, jpeg, bmp, .ai, png, eps). I have tried creating a 'sketch' using the dxf file in both 'sketcher' and 'drawing'. In both instances nothing shows up on the screen.

I have tried following some examples found here (recycle symbol that was a .sec file) and following the directions. Nothing seems to be working.

Please, any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Announcements