cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Datum B on outer cylinder surface

StephanKlein
1-Newbie

Datum B on outer cylinder surface

I have another newbee question... How would I show a datum flag "B" on the outer surface of a cylinder on a drawing. I see how to create an axis datum but they want to see the datum flag on the outer surface. Thanks in advance.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Create a datum that is tangent to the surface and parallel to a datum that you want it oriented in. Then right click on the datum in the model tree and select properties. Give it the "B" name and select the square or other datum tag. This will allow the datum to vary with the changing in size of the outer surface.

@Eric Mills

But is it proper method to show datum axis on surface?? Because you are creating plane to show axis.

you can place a datum axis tag on the surface of the cylinder by selecting "On geomentry" and selecting the outer surface.

datum01.JPG

Top Tags