cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Datum Curve Creation

ptc-2741298
1-Newbie

Datum Curve Creation

I am coming from using Pro-E 2001 to Wildfire 4.0, I am trying to create a datum curve by using intersecting surfaces but it is not there. Can anyone PLEASE help with this issue it is killing me!! Thanks
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

Hi Evan, It's just one of those annoying things, just pick both of your surfaces you want to intersect (CTRL Click) and then go to Edit, Intersect. At least it is in W3. Regards Paul

Same thing on WF4 and Intersect works with sketches too. No need for surfaces. Best regards! JVidal

Wait. I'm confused. Wouldn't the intersection of sketches be a datum point in this case, not a datum curve?

"Jose Vidal" wrote:

Same thing on WF4 and Intersect works with sketches too. No need for surfaces. Best regards! JVidal

Hi Frank, I don't know how it used to be back in 2001. My first ProE was WF3. Intersect is not one of the features I use most so I had never noticed anything strange. But thanks for the warning! I'll surely pay more atention when I use it from now on. -------------- A. Spicer, If the intersection of two sketches works fine and you don't get the strange results Frank mentioned, you should get a curve, not a point; just like if you were using surfaces... Best regards! JVidal
Top Tags