cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Datum Curve Creation

ptc-2741298
1-Newbie

Datum Curve Creation

I am coming from using Pro-E 2001 to Wildfire 4.0, I am trying to create a datum curve by using intersecting surfaces but it is not there. Can anyone PLEASE help with this issue it is killing me!! Thanks
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

Hi, create your first surface in the normal way. Next create a sketch of the second surface on a datum plane as required. What you need to do is project this sketch onto the first surface. To achieve this highlight the sketch in the model tree and then goto EDIT\Project. A new dashboard will pop-up asking you to select the surface you wish to project onto. Hope this helps Scott

Evan, Select both surfaces (click on the first one and then hold "Crtl" and pick the next surface). Then, go to Edit and select "Intersect". A curve should be generated at the intersection of both surfaces. Hope this helps.

what is the best way to intersect a datum plane and a surface, I'm not able to intersect these two, help please. Aernout

Aernout, You can intersect datum plane and a surface with the Intersect tool. Select them both using control and then go to edit > intersect. Best regards! JVidal

Thanks Jose, But why doesnt intersect activate when both the datumplane and a surface are selected? Aernout

"Jose Vidal" wrote:

Aernout, You can intersect datum plane and a surface with the Intersect tool. Select them both using control and then go to edit > intersect. Best regards! JVidal

I know now, the surface used was thickened and used already. A seperata surface was created (copied) and could be intersected succesfully. Never too old to learn I guess. Aernout Thanks Jose, But why doesnt intersect activate when both the datumplane and a surface are selected? Aernout

"Jose Vidal" wrote:

Top Tags