cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Datum Tag Size In Model Display?

ptc-4864603
1-Newbie

Datum Tag Size In Model Display?

Is it possible to change the text scale/height of datum tags in the model display?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

for posterity...

there is a hidden config option, USE AT OWN RISK, I'm on Creo 2.0 M100 :

text_height_factor

you can enter a percentage value, when I added the config it auto-populated with a value of 70, assuming that's default) I changed mine to 90 (smaller display size) and it is much better.

edit: Creo does seem a little slower on startup, noticeable but not that bad. Why this isn't an available setting out of the box is puzzling.

Message was edited by: Ryan Gilmore

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

for posterity...

there is a hidden config option, USE AT OWN RISK, I'm on Creo 2.0 M100 :

text_height_factor

you can enter a percentage value, when I added the config it auto-populated with a value of 70, assuming that's default) I changed mine to 90 (smaller display size) and it is much better.

edit: Creo does seem a little slower on startup, noticeable but not that bad. Why this isn't an available setting out of the box is puzzling.

Message was edited by: Ryan Gilmore

On a related note, is there an option to change the font of the datum tags?

i think there is a setting to get the old Wildfire stick fonts, I forgot how though.

EDIT:

found it....

use_pre_wildfire_text_font = yes, no (default)

hmm... that kind of works. I was looking for the way to specify which truetype font the system would use for the tags...

yeah, that one i don't know, these were nthe only font settings i found

default_font

Sets font for text other than menu bar, menus and their children, and pop-up menus and help. Add comma-delimited variables in any order (italic bold, 24, times or 24, times, italic bold have the same effect). Any omitted variable uses standard setting.

fonts_size

Determines the relative size of the text in menus and dialog boxes. You must restart Creo Parametric for the change to take effect.

menu_font

Specify font used in the Creo Parametric menu bar, menus, and all their children. Specify the comma-delimited variables in any order (italic bold, 24, times or 24, times, italic bold have the same effect). Any omitted variable uses the standard setting.

popuphelp_font

Specify font used in the Creo Parametric pop-up help. Add the comma-delimited variables in any order (italic bold, 24, times or 24, times, italic bold have the same effect). Any omitted variable uses the standard setting.

model_tree_font

Specify font used in the Creo Parametric Model Tree. specify the comma-delimited variables in any order (italic bold, 24, times or 24, times, italic bold have the same effect). Any omitted variable uses the standard setting.

I don't know of a way either to change the model display font to use a true type font instead.  the hidden config option text_height_factor to make the model display fonts smaller is working for me.  thanks for listing the other options, I am using a mono-spaced font for my model tree now, which helps me keep track of part numbers (e.g. model_tree_font consolas, 10)

Top Tags