cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Datum highlight from model tree?

dwiseman
3-Visitor

Datum highlight from model tree?

I want to highlight a datum plane or datum axis in my model by selecting them from the model tree. They do not show in the model when selected from the tree unless I unhide/show all the datum planes/axes. Is there a setting that can be changed so that datums become highlighted when clicking on them from the model tree?

Many thanks,

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

David

typically all of the datum's "planes, axis, points, coordinate systems... etc" are on layers.

2016-12-01 09_15_18-I15702 (Active) R__AA- Prospects_ITT_E_Écija ETAP, Es I15702_Engineering_Drawing.png

1. leave these layers hidden.

2. Go to the "view tab set the display of "planes, axis, points & coordinate systems" to on.

2016-12-01 09_27_26-I15702 (Active) R__AA- Prospects_ITT_E_Écija ETAP, Es I15702_Engineering_Drawing.png

3. in the model tree preference setting select preselection highlighting.

2016-12-01 09_28_27-I15702 (Active) R__AA- Prospects_ITT_E_Écija ETAP, Es I15702_Engineering_Drawing.png

4. Change back to the  model tree

Then as you mouse over items in the model tree they will highlight in the graphics area, you don't even have to select them

2016-12-01 09_31_02-I15702 (Active) R__AA- Prospects_ITT_E_Écija ETAP, Es I15702_Engineering_Drawing.png

Hope this helps

Dave

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

David

typically all of the datum's "planes, axis, points, coordinate systems... etc" are on layers.

2016-12-01 09_15_18-I15702 (Active) R__AA- Prospects_ITT_E_Écija ETAP, Es I15702_Engineering_Drawing.png

1. leave these layers hidden.

2. Go to the "view tab set the display of "planes, axis, points & coordinate systems" to on.

2016-12-01 09_27_26-I15702 (Active) R__AA- Prospects_ITT_E_Écija ETAP, Es I15702_Engineering_Drawing.png

3. in the model tree preference setting select preselection highlighting.

2016-12-01 09_28_27-I15702 (Active) R__AA- Prospects_ITT_E_Écija ETAP, Es I15702_Engineering_Drawing.png

4. Change back to the  model tree

Then as you mouse over items in the model tree they will highlight in the graphics area, you don't even have to select them

2016-12-01 09_31_02-I15702 (Active) R__AA- Prospects_ITT_E_Écija ETAP, Es I15702_Engineering_Drawing.png

Hope this helps

Dave

Hi David

Thanks for the detailed answer, this makes complete sense!

It doesn't seem that my default settings are hiding all the datums on the datum layer, I guess I'll have to set this up in the configs options and/or in my master part template.

I use layers a lot in my workflow but have never realised that by hiding/unhiding the datums in the layers rather than in the toolbar that one can get this functionality.

Thanks a mil!

Regards

David Wiseman

Dave,

Thank you! this Tip is a Game Changer.

kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:Deepakjohsh)

I have also found that how a datum is added to the layer determines if you can highlight it by selecting it.  Adding a datum by selecting it from the view or using a layer rule that selects the datum creates a condition that prevents selection highlighting.  Adding datums by selecting the feature or using a layer rule that selects the feature allows it to be highlighted by selecting it in the tree.  This method hides the feature in the tree allowing you to temporarily unhide it from the tree.  Preselection highlighting will work with both methods, but if the datum, not the feature, is on the layer, selecting the datum will not keep it highlighted.

There is always more to learn in Creo.

Putting this in config.pro will have that "prehighlight objects" box selected in the model, layer and detail trees:

prehighlight_tree yes
Top Tags