cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Decimal places & family tables

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst

Decimal places & family tables

Hi all,

what i am about to ask will hopefully make sense to someone out there. I have a problem while working with family tables. I have a generic part with a drawing of that part. Now, because of industry standards, all the dimensions shown for this particular part are to one decimal place, when i first shown the dimensions for a given feature they appear to two decimal places, (which is what my sketcher preferences is set to) i pick the dimensions & using properties set the number of places to one. This sorts out my drawing but i have found that there is an un-welcome side affect, any instance that i create after that will not allow me to input to two decimal places. This is a major headache for me. Let me give an example of what i am trying to achieve. Lets say i have a square block 50.00mm x 50.00mm x 50.00mm & i create a drawing detailing the block. I need the dimensions on the drawing to show 50.0 (1 decimal place), all is well until i create an instance which needs to be 50.05mm x 50.05mm x 50.05mm, because i rounded to one decimal place on my generic part my family table instance can only be to one decimal place, i do not appear to be able to regenerate a block 50.05 square. Like i said, a major headache for me.

Does anyone out there have an answer for me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

John

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Hi John,

I sometimes run into this when dimensioning in 2d. There is a drawing option called "lead_trail_zeros". If you adjust this then you can set each dimension to as many decimal places as you like.

I hope this helps.

Top Tags