cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Decimal places in a repeat region display filled from a family table

ptc-187142
1-Newbie

Decimal places in a repeat region display filled from a family table

Folks,

I've searched the forum for a solution to a problem I'm having which is controlling the decimal display in my repeat region table. The solution I found that covers the decimal place display that's worked for others is the [.#] to controlthe decimal place display but I'm not having any luck with that. This only happens in a couple drawings, which is odd in itself, but more odd than that is that it's only effecting a single column (giving me a seven place decimal value!) while the other columns values default to a three place display...

My report parameter is:

&fam.inst.param.value

Mytable filter is:

&fam.inst.param.name == d16
&fam.inst.name != *XX*

I've tried to put the [.3] after 'value', 'name' and after 'd16', as I said nothing's worked.

Any other ideas out there?

thx, mb

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
dgallup
4-Participant
(To:ptc-187142)

It's been years since I've done it but I think yopu have to put the [.3] in the family table itself.

In Reply to Matt Bracht:

Folks,

I've searched the forum for a solution to a problem I'm having which is controlling the decimal display in my repeat region table. The solution I found that covers the decimal place display that's worked for others is the [.#] to controlthe decimal place display but I'm not having any luck with that. This only happens in a couple drawings, which is odd in itself, but more odd than that is that it's only effecting a single column (giving me a seven place decimal value!) while the other columns values default to a three place display...

My report parameter is:

&fam.inst.param.value

Mytable filter is:

&fam.inst.param.name == d16
&fam.inst.name != *XX*

I've tried to put the [.3] after 'value', 'name' and after 'd16', as I said nothing's worked.

Any other ideas out there?

thx, mb

PTC quality philosophy: We've upped our quality standards. Up yours.

CEP5.0 Workflow: Table (Sub-Tab) > Data (Group) > Switch Symbols (Icon) > Select (MC) Cell > RMH – Properties > Text Box - At end of string, add [.#] where # is number of decimal places to show. Switch Symbols back. Update Tables: Table (Tab) > Data (Group) > Update Tables (Icon).

I hope this helps!

Have a GREAT day!

Greg Hamel

Senior Consultant/Certified PTC Instructor

Ve-U, a division of Visible Edge, Inc.

38 Technology Way

Millyard Technology Park

Nashua, NH 03060-3245

Phone: (603) 595-1422 x233

ghamel@visible-edge.com

http://www.Visible-Edge.com

Visible Edge® “Your Total Engineering Solutions Provider”

OK, I temporarily moved off the project that I was having this issue with and recently swung back. I finally found the issue. For some reason a few random dimensions over the span of a few part files had their ‘Number of decimal places’ settinghigher than ‘3’ in the ‘Dimension Properties’ box for those specific dimensions. How/why these changed from our default '3' I don't know, some quirk or possibly a full moon, maybe even gremlins.

mb

Top Tags