cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Default units in Creo 2.0

ptc-4631445
6-Contributor

Default units in Creo 2.0

Hello -

In Creo 2.0, I want to change my default units to "in lbFORCE second". In "configure.bat", one has 8 selections. Both 1 and 8 give you "in lbMass second". Did they miss this inability to choose "in lbFORCE second"?

Is it possible to get what I want, or am I missing something?

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9

Here is the configure.bat file I intended to attach.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ptc-4631445)

The screen shot you are showing is something your company (or school) has set up. This is not something the is out of the box Creo.

In a part or assembly, you can see the units (for that part or assy) under FILE - PREPARE - MODEL PROPERTIES - UNITS (CHANGE).

Inch pound second (IPS) is an option but may have been overlooked by the people who set up your system.

ptc-4631445
6-Contributor
(To:StephenW)

Thanks for your reply. This bat file is what was in the installation. I know I can select the units I want when I start a model, but I have to remember to do this, even for an assembly, which doesn't require selecting a material. I also see that "FT LBf Second" is available as a selection, yet is not available in the "configure.bat" file. I assume the bat file can be modified to make these choices available, but I am not capable of doing so. If it's so simple, why didn't PTC make all units available in that bat file.

Richard

PTC did not make the .bat file. As far as I know they don't provide a file like that at all.

To the OP, short answer is that you need to speak to your Creo admins about the startup batch file they have created.

Dave Martin - dmartin@creowindchill.com - https://www.mcaeconsulting.com

Thanks all --- This file is on my Creo 2.0, M 60 disk that I purchased from TriStar, along with MDO. I drooled over the Behavior Modeling extension, but decided trial and error was OK for now.

I am in contact with TriStar to see where the configure.bat file originated.

Richard

@dschenken wrote:

PTC did not make the .bat file. As far as I know they don't provide a file like that at all.

Actually, they do. It is located in \Common Files\Mxxx\creo_standards and was created by PTC Academic Program to help schools configure their environment. It is a part of standard Creo installation.

That is disappointing.

I would edit the configure.bat to remove the flags that cause silent copying to see what files do get copied.

What makes the most sense is that part, assembly, and drawing files with the related units are copied to standard names, or from several locations to a particular one, so they will work with other tutorials. If so, the process requires not only changing the batch file, but also creating the template files with the desired units.

Alternatively, find out what constitutes "Default" english files and change those to the desired units.

Stephen -- Attached is my "configure.bat" opened. Does one change the "config_inlbs.pro" ?

Top Tags