cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defining an object's transparency results in loss of color (it becomes white)

Re: Defining an object's transparency results in loss of color (it becomes white)

Are these imported models (ie. from step or iges)? How did you apply the appearances? I think I may have reproduced what you are seeing and it appears to be related to how the appearances are applied. If you apply appearances to surfaces and the check box for ignore surface properties is checked it will show the base model color. I'm guessing in your case you applied the color to the model surfaces. When you do two appearances should show as being applied to the model when you check the appearance gallery, the Creo default is a white to light grey. The same seems to be true for an import model the colors seem to get applied to surfaces. Try applying an appearance to the model not just the surfaces of the model. To do that select the color and then select the model name in the model tree. The other thing I noticed is the transparency setting doesn't keep changes for a transparency that has already been created, I had to delete it and redefine. I don't have video but I'll upload some images of what I'm getting.

Re: Defining an object's transparency results in loss of color (it becomes white)

Here are the images for what I'm seeing:

1) Applied appearance to solid surfaces

surface1.png          surface2.PNG

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2) Settings and results in Animation

surface3.PNGsurface4.png  surface5.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

surface6.PNGsurface7.pngsurface8.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3) Applied appearance to model and applied second appearance to top and side surfaces

surface9.PNGsurface10.PNGsurface11.PNG

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4) Settings and results in Animation

surface12.PNGsurface13.pngsurface14.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

surface15.PNGsurface16.pngsurface17.png

Hi,

test data = Creo files (assemblies, parts, ...) which enable community members to reproduce your problem.

MH

Martin Hanák