cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Deleting a quilt from an import feature

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II

Deleting a quilt from an import feature

WF3, M170

I have an IGES import of an assy that comes in as a single part.  I've tried to import it as an assy, but I still get a single part file.  However, I need to remove one of the 'parts' from the resulting part file.  It comes in as multiple quilts and a couple of solid blobs, each representing a part in the original assy.  I need to delete one which is a quilt made up of dozens, if not hundreds of individual surfaces.

How can I delete that entire quilt from the imported part?  I can redefine the import feature and delete single surfaces at a time, but that's going to take eons to accomplish.

Doug Schaefer

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags